MotoTrbo CPS Flashzap Driver and MotoTrbo Radio Driver windows 8.1 to windows 10

Quote:

I have a Motorola XPR 4550.

I just got my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, and now when I plug the usb cable in and then go to Read or write to the radio it comes up with an error telling me the cable is not detected or something like that. And the error code I get is: 1687.

So I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what I need to do to fix it and get my laptop to detect the cable when I go to read or write to the radio.


Also to when the person did the upgrade to windows 10 2 things from the software got removed they are: MotoTrbo Flashzap Driver and MotoTrbo Radio Driver. I don't know what these 2 things are or if they are important as to maybe why it's not detecting the cable.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Re-install the CPS to replace those lost files.Prolific chip in the USB cable? Probably a clone. Win 10 always installs the latest drivers. The new Prolific drivers spot the cloned chip and won't recognize it. The fix is to roll back the driver to version 3.2.x. Plenty of previous threads on the problem and how to fix it. Don't include your radio model in the search. The problem has affected most USB Motorola programming cables, especially the inexpensive ones.

Just do a google (or whatever) search on windows 10 prolific


All of the tops hits describe the problem and the fix. It has nothing to do with Motorola or your specific radio.









MOTOTRBO radio Error 1687


update 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Amateur Radio - Discussion Support Group
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio - Discussion Support Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.